Welcome to St. George Catholic Church of Hartford, SD, located ten miles west of Sioux Falls, SD . Founded in 1882, we are older than the state of South Dakota and the Diocese of Sioux Falls. Though old, in 2010 we built a brand new and beautiful church to accommodate the growth of the Hartford area. We are a growing and thriving parish made up of many young families who wish to know, love, and serve God and his Church in this life and forever in the next. Currently we have 370 families and we are always adding more each month. All we need to have a perfect parish is you! Click here to learn how to join!
YOU ARE INVITED! The Stations of the Cross and Statues will be blessed August 2nd at 9:15am. Everyone is invited.
8:30 am-1:30 pm
Mass & Confession Times
~Tuesday & Thursday: 5:30pm
~Wednesday & Friday: 8:00am
~First Saturday: 8:30am
~Thursday: 6:15-7:15pm *Adoration 6-9pm
~First Saturday: Before and after 8:30am Mass
An indulgence that can remove all the temporal punishment due to forgiven sin. No one but God knows for certain when a plenary indulgence is actually gained, because only he knows whether a person's dispositions are adequate. One norm for such dispositions is that "all attachment to sin, even venial sin, be absent." If these dispositions are in any way less than complete, the indulgence will only be partial. The same provision applies to the three external conditions necessary to gain a plenary indulgence: sacramental confession, Eucharistic Communion, and prayer for the intentions of the Pope. If these conditions are not satisfied, an otherwise plenary indulgence becomes only partial. These conditions may be satisfied several days before or after the performance of the prescribed work, though preferably Communion should be received and the prayers offered for the Pope on the same day as the indulgence work. A plenary indulgence can be gained only once a day.
INDULGENCES (CCC 1471-1473)
The Apostolic Penitentiary, with the approval of the Holy Father, has granted additional opportunities for one to gain a plenary indulgence during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic once per day. This plenary indulgence is to “all the faithful affected by the COVID-19 disease, as well as to health care workers, family members and all those who, for whatever reason, even with prayer, take care of them.”
The following requirements are in effect for obtaining the indulgence:
- Be detached from all sin, even venial, otherwise the indulgence is only partial.
- Undertake at least one of the following spiritual good works:
- Spiritually unite through the media to the celebration of the Holy Mass;
- Recitation of the Holy Rosary;
- The pious practice of the Way of the Cross or other forms of devotion, or
- Recite the Creed, the Our Father and a pious invocation to the Blessed Virgin;
- Make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament;
- Undertake Eucharistic Adoration, or
- The reading of the Holy Scriptures for at least half an hour;
- Recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
- When undertaking any of the good works mentioned above, “implore from Almighty God the cessation of the epidemic, relief for those who are afflicted and eternal salvation of those who have died.”
- Have the intention to fulfill as soon as it is possible the usual obligations of sacramental confession, Eucharistic Communion, and prayer for the intentions of the Holy Father.
**The Saint George Food Pantry is open to anyone who is in need during this time. It is open during office hours & by appointment; call & leave a message for Rechelle. Please specify what items you need & they will be bagged & waiting for pick up in the entry. Please spread the word that we are available and ready to help.
Free Prayer Resources:
iBreviary – Download the App in the App Store. The Prayer of the Church – The Liturgy of the Hours. When you pray the Liturgy of the Hours you are uniting your prayers with the prayers of the Church!
Prayer sheet for home use.
Download MyParishApp through the App Store or Google Play! The Saint George App is one of our major modes of communication for our parish. PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND ENABLE NOTIFICATIONS. By doing this, you will receive the latest information available from the parish.The bulletin will be available on the app every Friday. There are many resources available on the app so please take a look around and see what is offered!
For online books, movies, bible studies, talks and more sign up for the free parish program called FORMED.
Register HERE. Use the parish code: Y883W7
Saint George has made Online Giving available for our weekly offerings, as well as other parish collections. Donating is simple, safe, and secure and take less than five minutes.You’ll be able to give to any of our collections and view complete financial records at any time. Set up a one-time or recurring donation by following these three easy steps:
- Click on the Online Giving link.
- Select the collection you wish to donate to and click to make a donation.
- Enter your payment information.
That’s it. You can return at any time to edit your donation or to view your financial records.